Schools with Industrial Arts programs

emilysue1212

Schools with Industrial Arts programs

Post by emilysue1212 »

Hi all-

My husband is certified to teach industrial arts (aka: wood shop, tech-Ed..whatever you want to brand it). We're looking to job search next year and are wondering what international schools offer classes in industrial arts. He could also teach pre-engineering, construction/architecture, robotics, auto-cad, etc.-any sort of applied technology skill. If your school has any classes or programs like this, we'd love to hear about it! These types of courses are common in high schools in the states but less so abroad. We'd love to stay overseas and aren't picky about locale, but really want to get him a job in this area if it's possible. Thanks for the advice!
Teachermama

Post by Teachermama »

I was looking at that for a while too and the closest I found was ib schools that offer a program called design technology. It is an MYP (middle school) course, I believe. Could he teach math too? Good luck.
Nomads

Post by Nomads »

I have worked overseas for almost 20 years. I do not know of any schools that have those programs. Sorry.
chemteacher101

Post by chemteacher101 »

--------
Last edited by chemteacher101 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
euxpat

better option

Post by euxpat »

He would be more marketable as digital teacher of some sort. Maybe get certified in the Adobe CS package, programing, animation, tech integrator, networking and the like. The Ed Tech would sell if you are flexible. DoDEA has a shortage of certified Ed Tech teachers as well and a big push for STEM teachers.
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

The nearest class to industrial arts I have seen is stagecraft, where they built sets for the theater classes. Other than that, its a big investment for schools to make and not one that would attract a lot of students here in Asia.
Walter

Don't be too hasty

Post by Walter »

ESF schools in Hong Kong offer a range of DT and Engineering courses. Robotics programs are springing up in many schools. More IB schools are looking at DT as a Diploma option. More non-IB schools are looking at project-based learning. My advice is to keep looking.