Just curious...

yelsol

Just curious...

Post by yelsol »

I've noticed that many jobs are dually listed on Search and TIE. While I've used the Search site to search for positions I've never used the email or really any other part of the site to find jobs. I know that schools have to pay Search a fee if they find a candidate through Search. How does Search monitor this given that so many schools post on both sites and it seems like many people (according to the forum) just apply directly to the schools?

And...if I accept a position that I found on the Search website that was also listed on the TIE website and the school doesn't pay Search will I be penalized or held responsible for this?
Teachermama

Post by Teachermama »

That is between the school and search, I think. ISMoshi, for example, says right on their site that while they use various search agencies, if someone applies directly to them through their website instructions that they won't be paying placement fees. I can't imagine how it would fall on you unless you and a school met at a fair and agreed to a contract and hen tried to hide it from Search...
Briz

Post by Briz »

It must be somewhat tough. Schools advertise in multiple places, and personally I am using SA, ISS and 2 different recruiters. I will only go to TIE or Joyjobs as a last resort hoping I don't have to troll Dave's ESL. I am quite positive that would never happen, but on certain evenings when the wind is blowing just right and I am left alone with my thoughts I do contemplate the payment of fees for IS job placements. Real TOK type of stuff.
Mick Travis

just ciurious

Post by Mick Travis »

This, for me, is a crucial problem.

Search insist that candidates use their email system to contact schools and no other method, but it makes sense that schools would rather avoid paying Search their finders fee if they can hire candidates direct through the school website or another recruitment site.

So surely anyone obeying the Search directive to use their email function as the sole means of contacting a school iis negatively affecting their chances of getting a job. Yet sending in duplicate or even triplicate applications through various sites is only likely to aggravate the HR at the schools who receive these applications.

What to do? What to do?
chemteacher101

Post by chemteacher101 »

Actually according to Search, if you are their candidate and find a job at a school registered with them, the school will have to pay them. That is why they ask you to let them know if you found a job with or without their help. If they were also advertising the position, they will charge the school. In other words, if the school is advertising through Search and TIE, Search will get to them no matter what, so I don't really think it will make a difference for you to just email them directly...
Bellarex

Post by Bellarex »

Im registered with Search, and my associate has encouraged me to use the Search email to apply to schools for pretty obvious reasons. I had an interview with a school though, and they asked me if I had found them through Search or through another route. I had heard of them before and they said something to the effect of "We haven't looked at your profile on Search yet, and we wanted to ask that because if a candidate comes to us through Search we have to pay their fee, but if we don't access their profile, and they apply directly, then we can all save money on fees."

So, if I would have relied solely on an application through Search, they wouldn't have even looked at me.. hmm..
chemteacher101

Post by chemteacher101 »

If you get hired, though, you would have to let Search know, and I would not be surprised if they contact the school since they are registered with them. I mean, otherwise, why would a school register with Search if they don't want Search applicants?