International School of Latvia

Rainbow

International School of Latvia

Post by Rainbow »

Does anyone have any feedback on this particular school? Any input on cost of living/saving potential, resources, curriculum, ESL services for the second language learners, living in Riga etc. would be appreciated!
eion_padraig

Post by eion_padraig »

I have a friend working there. It looks like a lovely city from the pictures I've seen posted on FB. Slow pace of life. Great quality food, though apparently not a lot in the way of restaurants. The winter comes early.

I get the sense that living there is inexpensive and there isn't a lot to spend money on while you are there. However most of the rest of Europe is more expensive so you can easily spend one's potential savings.

My friend has been there for more than the initial contract because it sounds like it has been good for her career. Don't have more specific info on your other questions.
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

[quote="eion_padraig"]I have a friend working there. It looks like a lovely city from the pictures I've seen posted on FB. Slow pace of life. Great quality food, though apparently not a lot in the way of restaurants. The winter comes early.

I get the sense that living there is inexpensive and there isn't a lot to spend money on while you are there. However most of the rest of Europe is more expensive so you can easily spend one's potential savings.

My friend has been there for more than the initial contract because it sounds like it has been good for her career. Don't have more specific info on your other questions.[/quote]
=================

Thanks a lot, "eion_padraig"! Can anyone tell me how things are with the ESL program across divisions? I wonder if they have a large population of second language learners in the ES and MS especially.