Internationl School of Tanganyika (Tanzania)

buffalofan

Internationl School of Tanganyika (Tanzania)

Post by buffalofan »

Does anyone currently there have info on this place? I'm interested, but according to the paid section of this site it seems housing has been a major issue - anyone know if it has improved? Looks like the most recent review is from the 11-12 school year.
Kali

Post by Kali »

I'm told some of the housing is as bad -- if not worse -- than the reviews make it out to be. Some teachers live in rather nice, spacious apartments while others are forced to live in buildings which had been, for lack of a better word, condemned. If you check the Director's Report, it mentions a bit about housing and even flooding! I've heard that they are in the process of building new housing at the elementary campus, though I'm not sure when it will be available though construction is ongoing. Much to the frustration of my friends, it's happening day and night by their housing. The school, as mentioned in the reviews, operates on a housing lottery system which rewards those who've been there longest. Friends say they will be leaving once their contract is up as it's not worth living in sub-par housing conditions with only a small chance of improvement to something marginally better, but still below par compared to other schools they've been at.
buffalofan

Post by buffalofan »

Great info Kali, thanks. I'll be sure to ask lots of questions at the job fair...being stuck in a condemned building in Africa doesn't sound like fun.