Getting a job late in the hiring season as a newb

Tyshine

Post by Tyshine »

[quote="CaliPro"]Hopefully I will be able to find SOMETHING.

I would cry if I had to go back to Korea for another year and teach ESL while waiting for the next hiring season.[/quote]

I am in the same situation (except my certificate comes in June). I'm just as over teaching ESL in Korea so this made me laugh a bit. I think you can at least find an internship position.
CaliPro

Post by CaliPro »

Dont really want an intern position. Maybe if it was in an awesome location like Brazil or something.

Question,

For signing up for Search, it wont met me complete the application process because I dont yet have my license. I will get that in March/April. Should I just lie on the application then tell people my situation after? Then I can apply for schools, do research, and possibly look for an intern position as well as a plan B.
CaliPro

Post by CaliPro »

Went ahead an applied or signed up as an intern on Search and will update it later. Also just signed up with TIE and paid the 39 usd.

Not as many jobs on there as I was expecting. Does more jobs appear later or something?
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

CaliPro,

a lot of jobs on TIE appear later, because at many schools the staff do not have to let the admin know until later. At my present school, for instance, the final deadline is next Friday.