"Visit our table at the job fair"

Bellarex

"Visit our table at the job fair"

Post by Bellarex »

As I've been following up with administrators, telling them I'd love the chance to interview, I've gotten the response, "We'll be at the Cambridge Fair. Come visit our table at the fair and we'll interview you there."

My wife and I are both elementary, so not a high needs area. Obviously they don't see the need to interview us ahead of time and fill those spots right away. I know they often fill some spots with spouses of higher demand positions. But does is this just a general response they give to everyone, or does it actually mean they are interested?
sid

Post by sid »

It means they are interested.
If they weren't, you wouldn't hear anything at all.
Or, you'd get a note to the effect of 'There is not a match between our needs and your qualifications'.
Recruiters don't bother sending polite hope-raising e-mails unless they have a reason.
Bellarex

Post by Bellarex »

I appreciate the input!
Nomads

Post by Nomads »

It means they are interested but are not positive they will have positions for both of you. Many schools have not determined their definite openings yet. Contract deadlines range from mid-November to mid-December for most non-European schools.

Make sure you make contact with the schools again right before the fair to remind them of you. A simple looking forward to talking with you is sufficient and opens the door for them to schedule an interview before the fair starts if they are truly interested.
Bellarex

Post by Bellarex »

Thanks for your responses! I will definitely follow up closer to the fair if we haven't landed jobs at that point yet!