Ques RE: Amercian International School - Egypt

JB

Ques RE: Amercian International School - Egypt

Post by JB »

Does anyone have any information about the American International School in Egypt???
Administration?
Students?
School Environment?
Community?
IAMBOG

Post by IAMBOG »

I can't say I know much about it, but there is some movement of students and teachers between my school and AIS (they move both ways). Judging by the AIS students I am currently teaching, they appear to be very 'social', meaning behaviour is pretty poor and good classroom management skills are a necessity. Even with those skills, many students can drag you down on some days.

I believe the AIS salary is a little lower than ours, but your housing allowance is quite a bit better. It's a reasonable salary with saving potential. AIS is out east, so not in Maadi. I would think it would take 45 minutes to get to school (although I'm not entirely clear where the school is). You can live out in new Cairo, but if you are young, it'd be pretty boring. There are no bars and clubs (it's pretty much no alcohol in new Cairo).

I know that was all a bit sketchy, but as no one else replied, I thought I'd give it a go. Take with a pinch of salt.