Schools with environmental focus

ninaweb

Schools with environmental focus

Post by ninaweb »

Hi! I'm looking to explore teaching options at an international school that has an environmental focus and is strong academically.
I know of the Green School in Bali. Are there other schools people are familiar with? I have children ages 8 and 10 that would also be attending. Thanks!
bulegila

Post by bulegila »

The green school doesn't have a reputation as being good academically.
A number of friends who have children in Bali send their children to Pelangi (Rainbow) school instead. They have an environmental focus and strong academics too. Though I only believe it goes upto upper primary age. http://www.pelangischoolbali.com/
ninaweb

Post by ninaweb »

Thanks, bulegila. I'll definitely look into it and report back what I find.
Eric

Post by Eric »

I believe Central America has a number of 'environmentally aware' schools. Cloud Forest School in Costa Rica, for example.
Teachermom

Post by Teachermom »

I've heard from friends at the International Bilingual School, Hsinchu (IBSH) in Taiwan that they have very strict recycling rules, and that all trash in the school is meticulously sorted by the students every day into recyclables, food waste, and non-recyclables. Sometimes the teachers there chafe under how strict those rules are. I don't know about how green they are in other ways. They have a good academic reputation here in Taiwan, but are a smaller school, so aren't really known outside Taiwan.