Best schools in these countries? Let the games begin!

auntiesocial

Post by auntiesocial »

[quote="mollymillions"]You know more about the pay-scales than I do then Auniesocial, I'm going by their Search profiles and own websites. According to them, someone with 4 years experience could expect:

ISKL $60,000
IGB $54,000
Nexus $52,000
Mont Kiara $37,000[/quote]

One of the KL schools employed an outside agency to do a comparative study a few years ago. The figures above would seem a drastic departure from the results I was privy to, as well as conversations I had with teachers from the schools above. Perhaps they have changed substantially, but I wouldn't rely too heavily on the SA information. The Mont Kiara quoted salary seems much lower than what I have been told by someone who worked there.
mollymillions

Post by mollymillions »

I thought it sounded low too, the figures on Search are probably much rougher ballparks than you would hope.
shadylane

Post by shadylane »

[quote="auntiesocial"][quote="mollymillions"]The Mont Kiara quoted salary seems much lower than what I have been told by someone who worked there.[/quote]

Maybe they didn't tell you the (whole) truth? Maybe they had 20 years experience and an MA? Or included housing? Or had had a few too many and were prone to exaggeration?

While not perfect, SA is generally fairly reliable. It is, after all, posted by the schools themselves.
auntiesocial

Post by auntiesocial »

Whilst those points are valid, shadylane, I can personally vouch for two schools I have worked in where the current SA salary information is wildly inaccurate.
calciodirigore

Post by calciodirigore »

Every school I have worked at, including two tier one schools, has had inaccurate information on Search.

When I asked Search about it, they blamed the school. When I asked the school, they blamed Search.
calciodirigore

Post by calciodirigore »

Every school I have worked at, including two tier one schools, has had inaccurate information on Search.

When I asked Search about it, they blamed the school. When I asked the school, they blamed Search.