Getting hired by top schools in SE asia

fine dude

Getting hired by top schools in SE asia

Post by fine dude »

Apart from having the in-demand certifications and IB experience, What are some unconventional ways to apply to get noticed or even get hired by elite international schools in this region? BTW, what exactly is 'doing an ichiro?'
Since I don't have any acquaintances in this region, any insider information will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Mick Travis

top schools in SE Asia

Post by Mick Travis »

Joining Search Associates and attending the Bangkok Fair would be a good start.

Networking. You are often up against short listed candidates with similar qualifications. They may not be as good as you in practice, but they know someone in the school management who can vouch for them. This, unfortunately, makes the difference.
pikefish

Re: top schools in SE Asia

Post by pikefish »

Deleted
Last edited by pikefish on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
nikkor

Post by nikkor »

I'm at a top Asian school.

Option #1 - Our principal tells us that recruiting starts the day after new teacher orientation ends. We are always looking for the very best teachers. Great teachers passing on the names of other great teachers is the preferred method of being "found."

Option #2 - Demonstrate tier 1 teaching/interpersonal skills at your tier 2/3 school. Sooner or later you will get your chance to move up.
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

Thank you all for your replies. I, too, am teaching at a top school in Europe and all of my acquaintances are restricted to this part of the world. As we all know, there are several people like me with the much-needed certifications and experience when it comes to plum jobs in SE asia.

I want to save a bit and enjoy the sunny beaches and fresh food in the region.