newbies

tdaley26

newbies

Post by tdaley26 »

Hi all...... anyone experiencing culture shock in a new locale??? I'd love to hear some funny/ horror stories!
higgsboson

Post by higgsboson »

Tdaley you're the only newbie on this site experiencing culture shock. Why don't you go stick your nose up an administrator's butt. That should make you feel right at home.
tdaley26

Post by tdaley26 »

Wow, I ask for a humorous anecdote and get abuse from a nitwit. It's scary that you are in the career of teaching. You are a sad excuse for a human being.
Cheery Littlebottom

Post by Cheery Littlebottom »

Children, children.........

The times I experienced the most unexpected cultural shocks were in a European country. I suppose that because everyone more or less looked like me and spoke my language meant that my cultural radar was getting lazy, so differences in outlook came as more of a shock.

For sheer weight of shock, I'd say the ME. I was shocked on day one, it shocks me every day and will do until I leave. The culture is so radically different as to be off my radar. I have tried and tried and tried to find something positive but I have been ground down.

This, of course, is my fault. I know many folks who love it here. So I suppose at the end of the day culture shock is a very personal experience.

Sits back and waits for PsyGuy to go off on one..........;-)