CV Question

Alexandru

CV Question

Post by Alexandru »

If I have only worked at two schools, how can I make my CV longer? Right now it's about 2/3 of a page. Should I stick with three bullet points per position? Also, I have a degree in Education and an American teaching license, so can I include a teaching position at a school if I was a middle school English teacher (it was post-certification). Or was that technically an ESL position?

Thank you in advance for the help. It would be great if PsyGuy could weigh in on this.
Cheery Littlebottom

Post by Cheery Littlebottom »

Hi There
Directors want to see what you are qualified to teach right at the top of your CV. After personal details, put your credentials for the subject (s) you teach first. Next, put experience, most recent first. After that, add information about your experience that might give hints about your special interests / fit with the recruiting school. For example, "developed new science curriculum for years 6, 7, 8" or "researched and implemented 3 day outdoor education event for 8th grade boys." Don't forget coaching, as ASA's are very important. If you can coach a sport you are a more rounded candidate.
As for making your CV "longer" I would attempt to keep it on one page.
If you are wanting to develop outwards from your current position, for example, you teach middle school English but you have a lot of experience with drama, and you are willing and able to teach drama, then state this, making sure some of your bullet points would support such a move.
"Longer" is not necessarily better. I have 20 years and 5 schools under my belt, plus admin experience and my CV to recruit this year is one side.
It's worked in the past, let's hope it works this time! :lol:
Good luck!