Start Dates

Tyshine

Start Dates

Post by Tyshine »

When do most IS schools start? My wife's contract ends August 21. I am guessing that it would be pretty borderline as to whether she could finish her contract before starting at in IS school.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Generally August, it really depends on the school, and the determining factor tends to be the schools pre-start training schedule. A school that only offers basic in house training without Cambridge, IB, or another training program generally has three days for returning staff and a week for new staff. A school that has more advance training uses more time.

In general schools start between the end of the first week of august and the third week of August (the 5th - 20th).

Another minor factor is the local/national academic calendar and type of school, a Thai "IS" that serves local students is more likely to follow the Thai academic calendar.

I imagine she gets a summer break and the contract length is for insurance or tax or pension issues. Resigning after the first will secure her insurance for that month, otherwise she may simply have to resign before the end of her contract.