Mexico City primary schools

marv

Mexico City primary schools

Post by marv »

Hi, I'm looking into the possibility of teaching at primary schools in Mexico City, and I was wondering if anyone has any info regarding requirements, pay and benefits, working conditions, hiring dates etc at the following schools:
Greengates
ASF
Eton
Edron
Peterson
Churchill
and any others that are worth considering!
Any info/advice would be much appreciated
Cheers
bilinguallearner

Post by bilinguallearner »

Hi,

Did you try looking at the reviews of Mexico City schools on the ISR school reviews page? I was just looking at them the other day and I think I saw many of the schools on your list reviewed there.

Good luck!
BL
Lots of brand new FREE stuff just posted on our website @ www.bilinguallearner.com/ !! You can find out about our latest promotions, free stuff, or our counseling/ESL adventures by liking/following us on our brand new Facebook Page @ www.facebook.com/bilinguallearn or Twitter Page @ www.twitter.com/bilinguallearn
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

ASF is the only one I would consider, if I wasnt me.
marv

Post by marv »

Thanks BL for your response, much appreciated. There's some useful info in the reviews section.

Does anyone on the forum have any first hand experience or anecdotal info with these schools?
Could you offer any specific details about requirements, hiring times, pay etc?

Cheers
happygolucky

Re: Mexico City primary schools

Post by happygolucky »

[quote="marv"]Hi, I'm looking into the possibility of teaching at primary schools in Mexico City, and I was wondering if anyone has any info regarding requirements, pay and benefits, working conditions, hiring dates etc at the following schools:
Greengates - No vacancies, good school
ASF - Ditto
Eton - Very average school
Edron - Great Kids, pay not so good
Peterson - Not that international really
Churchill - Low pay, decent location, poor admin

and any others that are worth considering! - maybe the french school
Any info/advice would be much appreciated - be flexible, dont expect alot from many of these schools
Cheers youre welcome[/quote]
Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Great country to work in. Great food, diverse landscape, good national bus system, reasonable cost of living for the lowish salary you'll be receiving. Warm people too, though my chilango friends tell me Mexico City folks are a bit like NYC people.

To work in Mexico, you will need to get all your state docs--birth certificate, teaching license, etc.--apostilled by your state Secretatary of States office.
shadylane

Re: Comment

Post by shadylane »

[quote="PsyGuy"]ASF is the only one I would consider, if I wasnt me.[/quote]

Why not Greengates? They have a good rep, the pay is very slightly higher by all accounts and they are PYP in primary. Very curious piece of advice.
chilagringa

Post by chilagringa »

[quote="happygolucky"][quote="marv"]Hi, I'm looking into the possibility of teaching at primary schools in Mexico City, and I was wondering if anyone has any info regarding requirements, pay and benefits, working conditions, hiring dates etc at the following schools:
Greengates - No vacancies, good school
ASF - Ditto
Eton - Very average school
Edron - Great Kids, pay not so good
Peterson - Not that international really
Churchill - Low pay, decent location, poor admin

and any others that are worth considering! - maybe the french school
Any info/advice would be much appreciated - be flexible, dont expect alot from many of these schools
Cheers youre welcome[/quote][/quote]

I pretty much agree with everything you say, but just a couple things I would add (I know people who do or have worked in all those schools):

Churchill, from what I heard, is a better place to work if you teach high school. I know people who teach in the high school and absolutely love it; they are treated very well.

Eton pays well.

Unlike what PsyGuy says, Greengates is supposed to be as good and maybe even better than ASF, although the location is bad.

You might find some other ideas on the following list: http://www.chilango.com/ciudad/nota/201 ... uelas-2013
benten

Post by benten »

HEy guys you were talking about churchill was just wondering whats the school like and What pay are we looking at in general for International schools in general? I'm fully qualified and heading that way anyways.

Did that guy in the end take the job??

Any help is good cheers!