Top 5 schools in Istanbul ? High or low pollution ?

missy

Top 5 schools in Istanbul ? High or low pollution ?

Post by missy »

Does anyone know what would be considered the top 5 schools in Istanbul ?

Also, has anyone currently lived there ?
I heard that there is lots of pollution, lots of traffic, and it is over-crowded?
True or false ?

On the other hand, I have read that Istanbul is quite an interesting city as it is a blend of Western and Eastern cultures due to its location.

Looking forward to your feedback....
shadylane

Post by shadylane »

Last edited by shadylane on Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

I don't remember what you teach, but a friend who teaches at MEF says a second-grade teacher just bailed and they need someone to fill the position.
missy

Post by missy »

Thanks for the feedback to both of you !!
Manumanu

Post by Manumanu »

Just curious. What do you mean "look at the pay side of this site". I can't seem to find anywhere that described pay scale for countries and school.
Thanks
christyn2

Post by christyn2 »

@heyteach;

What does your friend think of that MEF school? I just activated my Tieonline account and the principal contacted me for this position, but I am not available until the next school year. Maybe I would look into it in the future. I love Istanbul!

Christy
pikefish

Post by pikefish »

[quote="Manumanu"]Just curious. What do you mean "look at the pay side of this site". I can't seem to find anywhere that described pay scale for countries and school.
Thanks[/quote]

He means spend the money and log in to pay side of ISR and you can see the reviews left by other teachers.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@Manumanu

This site has a pay side meaning a paid membership side that contains the written school reviews that people submit. You need to pay the membership fee to view them.

Are you really sure your not available, its a pretty good opportunity this late in the year. Is another year at your current public school really better then moving to Istanbul? Your current school will replace you im sure in a week or so and you can always keep up with your studuents and fellow teachers with all the amazing experiences your having.
Manumanu

Post by Manumanu »

Thanks
I have the pay side of this site. I read many views, and I see very few mention pay range. I thought there would be a list of countries and schools!
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@Manumanu

SA and ISS are going to be the most consistent and convenient source of salary ranges.