Anyone teaching in Kuwait ? Good or bad ?

missy

Anyone teaching in Kuwait ? Good or bad ?

Post by missy »

Just wondering what Kuwait's social life is like ?

I know most people tend to avoid teaching there but I have also read it's
a good place to be because of salary/benefits and its location is ideal for traveling to SE Asia on the holidays as plane tickets are cheap ?

Any experiences (good or bad) is welcome) !
higgsboson

Post by higgsboson »

Very bad.
shadylane

Post by shadylane »

Last edited by shadylane on Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

You have to go for the money. Airfare isnt that cheap, it is compared to American flights, but your traveling a shorter distance and you dont have all the burecratic/political costs and fees added to your tickets. You could go ANYWHERE in Asia and find inexpensive flights, and if your in SE Asia to begin with its even easier to travel their on vacation (you just walk outside).

The social life is pretty non existant. Too many rules and not enough fun, its too much work to get a drink and you cant really .. Almost all woman will be unavailable to you.
PsychBean

Re: Anyone teaching in Kuwait ? Good or bad ?

Post by PsychBean »

[quote="missy"]Just wondering what Kuwait's social life is like ?

I know most people tend to avoid teaching there but I have also read it's
a good place to be because of salary/benefits and its location is ideal for traveling to SE Asia on the holidays as plane tickets are cheap ?

Any experiences (good or bad) is welcome) ![/quote]

I just left Kuwait. I did not renew. There are things to do.... behind the scenes which I didn't partake in so I didn't have such an active social life. Mostly malls and going out to eat. Most left on holidays to explore other countries. With the KD being the strongest currency in the world your dinar took you far.

Would I recommend it....not really. If you want to save and not have too much to do outside of shopping or things you are not supposed to do you, you may be ok. The singles had tons of fun, but again doing things that are prohibited...