Nazarbayev Intellectual School in Kazakhstan

senator

Nazarbayev Intellectual School in Kazakhstan

Post by senator »

Anyone know anything?

Search is sending emails to math/science people.

Not a good sign, yes, but the contract is only 1 year if things are really bad. Top salary is 60,000 with 1500/month housing.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.
BookshelfAmy

Post by BookshelfAmy »

There's a seven-page thread on this organization that's been updated a few times. I will attemp to post the link here; otherwise, search for Nazarbayev.

http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... php?t=2271
homeandaway

re: Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools, Kazakhstan

Post by homeandaway »

Senator, be careful. The salary is not $60000 AND housing. They include the housing in the salary and then list it separately again. I interviewed with the Irishman in charge there and the more you pushed him for answers, the more he got noticably irate, short and ill-tempered, telling me repeatedly that 'I had to speak to the finance people' and 'he just did the interview'. In the end I elected not to pursue my application any further. From what I have heard from people I know who are applying there and have spoken to people already there and looking to leave, the accommodation is pot-luck. You may do well, you may get something resembling a rat-hole. Hours at school are long and hard. Local stuff are mistrustful.
senator

Post by senator »

Homeandaway,
Thanks.

Yeah, I decided to forget this place.