reasonal pay of summer school

everything

reasonal pay of summer school

Post by everything »

Hi, I'm just wondering how much would be reasonal to teach English (literacy, conversation, etc) in a summer school per week in China. I'm teaching in China and really don't have any idea about that. Thank you very much.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Depends on the school and the schedule. Are you talking an English Camp or or daily/half day program. Is this a university or K-12 program? What are your qualifications?

Giving very broad generalizations Id say it would range from 5K RMB to 10K RMB.
everything

Re: Reply

Post by everything »

[quote="PsyGuy"]Depends on the school and the schedule. Are you talking an English Camp or or daily/half day program. Is this a university or K-12 program? What are your qualifications?

Giving very broad generalizations Id say it would range from 5K RMB to 10K RMB.[/quote]

Thanks.It's K-12 programme and would be an English Camp. Accommodation included? Anything I need to ask before signing a contract? Thank you.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Its a camp and accommodation included. Id look at 10K RMB a month minimum. Being a camp its basically teaching with boarding supervision. Its a 24 hour day job.

The biggest issue is establishing when your getting paid, and be weary of any camp that doesnt pay until the end of the summer/program. Second, make sure their isnt a penalty/fine structure built into the contract or policy handbook and that your salary is actual wages and isnt split between wages and bonus. Thats how people et ripped off. Their salary is say 5K with a 5K bonus, but the conditions of the bonus are either participation based (with a clause that if your absent or late or anything you lose the whole bonus) or its a performance bonus and they can simply decide you didnt "perform" well enough. The other thing is they have a fine structure that they deduct money for all kinds of minor infractions, and at the end of the summer you end up getting half the money they promised.
everything

Post by everything »

Thanks again. As a teacher, I want to get paid asap but as a boss....and I think I would accept a certain % (e.g. up to 30%) based on performance. It's fair for both. Anyway, thanks.