Why Leave America

bilinguallearner

Post by bilinguallearner »

I, also, have never heard of 120K being paid to a teacher in the US and I've taught in many different places. So it seems that this amount is a very rare salary to find. But , in my convos with many American teachers overseas, the reasons they aren't in the US aren't about money...most state that quality of life- less high stakes testing/discipline problems/paperwork/crime/commutes/etc. is their reason for teaching outside the USA. Most of us who leave just want out of the rat race.

Steph
Check out our European travelogue with posts from an educational perspective at www.bilinguallearner.com or on our Bilingual Learner Facebook page...we are in France this week!
mbovi

Re: Comment

Post by mbovi »

[quote="PsyGuy"]@mbovi

No the standard is $150K INTEREST in their first career, not offers. FrenchGurl has one you have none. 1 > 0.[/quote]

No, the standard is $ 150 K INTEREST in actually GETTING the job, not the offers on a first career. You can get offered as many huge salaries as one would like, but actually working it and having that money enter one's bank account as one's sole possession is a completely different thing. Once more, mbovi = win! Honestly, what good is it claiming that one got offered $ 150, 000 in the education career when they have to say, " Oh yes, I got offered but I didn't get it "?

Oh and I did get offers ABOVE $ 150, 000 on my FIRST career....if you want to go that way. Finance. I'm sure you would never make it in that field ( for many reasons ).

Try again, Psyguy. It's actually quite fun egging you on. Morning tea, breakfast and egging Psyguy on in an anonymous forum for 5 mins every 2 - 3 days.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

No the issue as i presented it is that interest upon first graduation was the unit of measure. You can interpret that and replace it with "offers" but your responding to a claim of your own creation, not mine.

No, you didnt get a $150,000 offer or interest in upon graduation, not even in finance.