QSI International School of Minsk

BellaLuna

QSI International School of Minsk

Post by BellaLuna »

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of this school? What is their salary and benefits package like, and how are they with trailing spouses and dependents?

I noticed they are going to be at the ISS Fair next month, so I assume they are recruiting, but I can't open up their website. My computer stops it from opening by saying it is a potentially dangerous site? Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know what positions are open?

Thanks!
ISLifer

International School of Minsk

Post by ISLifer »

The QSI salary scale is the same at each of their schools. The benefits package can be quite attractive and includes housing, flights, overseas allowance, and shipping.

The website opened for me - minsk . qsischool . org

QSI posts all job openings on their parent site at qsi . org
koda

Post by koda »

The QSI website is http: // minsk . qsischool . org /

It should open fine with any browser. Jobs listings are not posted on the website though, only on the main QSI website. The website gives a great overview of the school and life in Belarus as well as a few resources for parents.

QSI in general I think is good with trailing spouses, depending on location. We have a teacher who is here now and has a trailing spouse. As said before, QSI has a standard pay schedule and it doesn't change based on location. You will be given an amount based on education and years of experience. Add to that amount the overseas bonus (paid 4 times per year), the signing bonus, and the completion bonus and the money is pretty decent. It's also tax free in the states, so you can live comfortably.

Minsk is a good city, and a small, but slowly growing school. In the past few years, the school population has doubled in size, so while small, there is a steady increase. The biggest downside to Minsk is the long Eastern European winters- which most people actually don't mind too much. Travel in and out of the country is fairly easy, and there are cheap flights out of Vilnius (3 hour train ride away) which makes it easy and cheap to take vacations during the school breaks. The cost of living is really low, it is very easy to live comfortably and still travel and save. The staff is great, and the kids are wonderful- none of the problems of kids trying to cheat the system- it's great to see so many kids who are sponges in terms of academics, and it is truly a diverse mix of countries- so no one country "rules".

I hope this answers your questions. Best of luck.