QSI: Worked or Work there

National

Re: QSI: Worked or Work there

Post by National »

It depends on who interviews you. Jim Gilson, the founder, I think is the only one who asks. But he will ask. No one else I ever talked to who were interviewed by others reported getting this question. There are plenty of non-religious people that work at QSI. There are also lots of very devout people. The philosophy and other published material for the organization never reference any religious belief or teaching. It is nothing official and is not included in the curriculum. But it can be a strong undercurrent depending on who your coworkers are.

Whether you'll be comfortable as an atheist working there, it really depends on the location. Some have a bigger religious group than others. And of course, things are always changing.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

@Madeleine15

None of them, well the Italian one is the only one Id work at but thats a reward school. You have to work the gutter first. The problem with QSI is two fold, the religion issue permeates the entire organization, you can pretend its not there, but its there. Jim is also a nutter, he truly believes his school is a mission from god, personally I like to take my direction in life from sources other than a burning bush. The problem is that if he ran the organization as strongly as hed like too hed be booted out of a lot of the countries they operate in.

The second major issue is the mastery system that they use for their curriculum is goobley gook without direction or form and a big check list.

There are people who like working with the QSI organization it is a one stop schools system for mobility and they will accommodate a a large number of dependents compared to other schools. Yeah they wont rip you off or cheat you, but those are things schools are not supposed to do in the first place. None of their locations or compensation packages are impressive.

@kellysensei

You wouldnt be comfortable there unless you can lie and your comfortable with it, every QSI school has a segment of the staff and faculty whether large or small who are going to 1) try and convert you, save you or 2) Constantly debate theology to show you the error of your life. It may be a small group but its there, and if those two dont work, they will dislike you.