Cambridge's International Teaching Certificate

lbrooks2010

Cambridge's International Teaching Certificate

Post by lbrooks2010 »

[i][/i]
lbrooks2010

Post by lbrooks2010 »

Sorry about that blank post Just wanted some input from others about this program is it a complete waste of money for newbie without experience and without cert
hikkaduwa

Post by hikkaduwa »

I have no experience with the certificate, but I have done the diploma (CIDTT) myself and have also mentored quite a few teachers who did this course.

CIDTT is accepted in a lot of places in Asia, but it is completely worthless in Europe. I wonder if it is much different for the certificate because any good school I have applied will ask for a "real" PGCE and Cambridge's certificate is not a PGCE.

CIDTT was nice to do, it helped me quite a lot actually because I did not have any teacher training at all when I started teaching. So if you want to do "just" a course, the CIDTT should be enough. If you are looking at getting a "real" qualification, I would suggest to go for a PGCE course.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

The ITC isnt a real teaching certificate. Its equivalent to an IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning. If you had a professional teaching qualification ilike the IB certificate it would give you a marginal edge, but its no replacement for a professional qualification. Given the time and money youd spend you would be MUCH better off doing an alternative certification program of PGCE.