Confucius International School?

kraerichter

Confucius International School?

Post by kraerichter »

Hello,

I have an interview with Confucius International School on Monday. I can't find much about them. Does anyone have any experience with them? Is there anything anyone can tell me about them?

Thank you in advance.

~K
eion_padraig

Post by eion_padraig »

This one? http://www.gsineducation.com/requisition/0000000004.req

Well they teach archery and riding so it cannot be all that bad, can it?

It looks like a new Chinese private school. I'd expect standard Chinese operating principles to guide the place. You probably want to ask yourself if you're okay with that.

You might want to see what Confucius said about paying teachers on time. I do know he was big on people obeying authorities.
kraerichter

Post by kraerichter »

Yeah, that's the one. There is just so little out there about it. It worries me. I guess I will see what they have to say.
Thank you!
sevarem

Post by sevarem »

Yeah, it's in Anren. When the best they can say about Anren is that it's "45 minutes from Chengdu," then be prepared for a dirty, dusty place with little to do and nothing to recommend it. It's considered an "ancient town," which is to say they rebuilt everything in the old style to attract Chinese tourists.

Some of my co-workers visited Anren. They said one night was enough. They didn't like being followed around and photographed, charged double for the one museum in town, and charged triple for any food they tried to buy. If you have to work in Sichuan Province, at least try to work in the much more tolerable Chengdu.

Also, since it's a Chinese run school, don't expect consistency. Expect last minute schedule changes. Expect your grades not to count for too terribly much. And, most importantly, don't expect anything more than local health benefits, which... no. Just no.
kraerichter

Post by kraerichter »

Thank you very much for the help and information. It is all very appreciated.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

I agree with sevarem, its a very remote school, and there is nothing there. If you really want an authentic rural lifestyle you might enjoy the time.
Its a chinese run local school with a traditional return to chinese values. Expect very traditional chinese management, though you will probably be treated very well, since the school is likely to have difficulty recruiting qualified teachers given the compensation package. Still large classes, and lots of pointless meetings. It will give you an opportunity to learn chinese out of necessity.