Strategy for next year

antitravolta

Post by antitravolta »

I get what you're saying. For that reason, I didn't consider Boston to be a complete fail because I made a ton of connections. I could write a book now on how to handle the elevators at those things. There are a couple administrators that were trying to fit me into positions that maybe weren't the best fit for me, but were at really good schools. I think I might have done better with the numbers not so against me. There were 6 math jobs. 3 were in IB and I got 1 interview out of those and didn't get it. 3 jobs weren't in IB and all were filled when I got there. 2 of those 3 were at the same school, but were filled by a math-teaching couple (What are the odds?) that had been offered months before the fair and finally accepted the morning of my interview. The administrator there (1st tier school in a super-competitive location) really liked me and was trying to combine positions to make it work for me, but I didn't have enough certification coverage to make it happen. When I step back from it, I feel like I might have a shot at even a competitive job fair as long as there are a reasonable number of jobs. As long as my school will let me off, I'll try to go to Bangkok. I should be able to do the trip cheaper than Boston and I've never been to Bangkok so should be fun.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

BKK is WAY more fun then BOS, a number of admins head out at night for "recreation". Know, one teacher who got a pretty nice position a recruiter wouldnt have given him the time of day, but a teacher that helps you home after a hard night of indulgences is a good teacher to have around.
antitravolta

Re: Comment

Post by antitravolta »

[quote="PsyGuy"]BKK is WAY more fun then BOS, a number of admins head out at night for "recreation". Know, one teacher who got a pretty nice position a recruiter wouldnt have given him the time of day, but a teacher that helps you home after a hard night of indulgences is a good teacher to have around.[/quote]

Haha...yeah Boston was even a bigger drag this year with the blizzard of the century hitting and it not being legal to be on the streets for about half the job fair. Even if I didn't get a single interview, I'd be happy to have an excuse to visit BKK so it's all good.