Working in Kuwait

vitaminz

Post by vitaminz »

CDN just said what I wanted to say earlier. ABS is a place students that get kicked out of other schools go. I did not work there but have spoken with a few teachers at my school that have and they have said nothing good about it, or should I say nothing good about the admin, including the owner. They have loads of bad things to say about the way she treats employees.

On the bright side they do have a relatively new school and good facilities.

To be honest this is not a school I would work at unless I couldn't get a job anywhere else.
mbovi

Post by mbovi »

I didn't read any of the reviews or much on ABS ( American Baccalaureate School ). But just the name itself sends me screeching for the hills.

American...Baccalaureate...School...what on earth does this even mean?!
brisa

Kuwait schools: substandard?

Post by brisa »

Hi, I am really grateful for this forum. It seems to be one of the few places where to get information on Kuwait. We are planning a move to Kuwait and have two children, 12 and 13, brilliant, GT students, the older in NJHS. I heard here in the U.S. that the educational system in Kuwait is substandard. Do you agree with this assessment? From what I have read, ASK seems to be the better school in Kuwait for North American kids. Any thoughts? I am particularly interested in hearing what [b]vitaminz[/b] has to say.

Thank you all, your opinions are highly appreciated! If you are not comfortable being forthcoming publicly, I would make my email available.