Lycee Francais Bangkok.

aridion

Lycee Francais Bangkok.

Post by aridion »

Anyone know anything about this school? Working conditions, salary etc.

Interested.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Its "THE" national french school in BKK. So its in the same group as the British School and ISB (though not an elite school they are 1st tier). It has about a 1000 students, they offer the French Baccalaureate. They pay well, though not as well as others in their tier. Parents run the school, and they are actually pretty modern management wise as far as Lycee schools go. The biggest issue though is that outside of some ELL positions you have to be fluent in French as thats their primary language of instruction.
aridion

Post by aridion »

Sounds like a decent school. I have the chance to interview with this school. As far as I know they offer instruction in English as well. The biggest problem is that I am not sure how this would look on my CV when I want to apply to English speaking international schools in the future.

By the way, are French international schools quite common?
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

There are about 450 offshore overseas French Lycee schools. Thats 2/3rds the entire Search (SA) database, and more then twice the number of DOS Assisted schools (194). So it depends how you define "common".

From my experience it would be no more or less marketable then teaching at a British or other national curriculum school. You wont get IB experience, but you wont be penalized either.