Bangkok - Search Spring Fair

vincentchase

Bangkok - Search Spring Fair

Post by vincentchase »

Anyone currently there and care to share their experience?
AnnieT

Post by AnnieT »

RISS are there and are now so desparate that they are telling many porkies about the school. 3 of the people who accepted offers at the Dubai fair have withdrawn after taking to me, they were lucky
writer

Post by writer »

I have been very successful at this fair--2 interviews before fair "officially" began, one interview this morning-1 offer and waiting to hear from a school about an offer. Seems to be a good fair for singles...
Q8Sobieski

Post by Q8Sobieski »

[quote="AnnieT"]RISS are there and are now so desparate that they are telling many porkies about the school. 3 of the people who accepted offers at the Dubai fair have withdrawn after taking to me, they were lucky[/quote]

I am surprised to hear that. I went to Dubai and saw tons of people lined up to interview with RISS. I went to BKK too and saw loads more people lined up. I did sort of wonder why because I though he filled all his positions in DXB. How was Dr. Bruce Something (?) lying?
AnnieT

Post by AnnieT »

They made 9 offers at the Dubai fair and then offered 16 jobs at BKK, Last year 3 teachers bought flights to HCMC and were then told that they were not needed.

The only times that Bruce is lying is when his lips are moving. They know that many teachers will do some research and not arrive so they always make more offers than there are jobs.

They always sack a few teachers during the last week of term to try to balance things.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

LOL AnnieT, is it REALLY that bad?