MISY Myanmar international school of Yangon

PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@joethelion

I am expressing an opinion that i have limited experience in. Your experiences dont invalidate my experiences. My experiences make me an authority on my experiences. They certainly dont make you any more or me any less an authority.

Using a proxy is not the same as eliminating censorship. The law changed in August, the department that was responsible for censorship was dissolved in in December/January, non of those times equal a year.

Yes you can find housing for $400-$500, it might not be anywhere YOU want to live, but the vast majority of the world population is not you (its more like no one BUT you). Yes there are people that would describe MISY as the best. As i said they are still a third tier school, though amongst all the bad apples in the barrel they are the least rotten.

@Asiawanderer

I genrally agree with the earlier posters. Non profit schools can make their mission about education. For profits by definition HAVE to make their mission about the money. When money and education clash, money wins at a for profit. In regards to ownership, for profits ultimately have one person or family that determines what happens. its their school they get to do what they want with it. Non-profits are usually run by boards and group organizations. They can at times disagree, and as such decisions dont get made, and the school can "coast" for a considerable length of time until the board "changes". Teachers seldom change a board, its usually the parents if anyone.

I usually prefer working with a non-profit, for profits can look great until there is a problem, and they can get ugly fast. Non-profits tend to be safer.

@danny514

If you can live on the local economy Yangon can be a cheap place to live.
National

Post by National »

At the risk of making myself a target, I just wanted to say a few things.

@psyguy

Many people take issue with what you have to say because of your lack of RELEVANT experience. I don't think (most) people argue that your information is not valid for you or that it doesn't represent your personal experiences in a country. What they take issue with is how relevant your information is for the OP. When you have only visited a country once for a few weeks or dated someone who is of that nationality, you can't give much relevant information on what it is actually like to LIVE in that country. Most posters are looking for people who have direct experience living in a country or working for the particular school.

In addition, you rile people up because you disagree with information posted by those with the direct experience of living and/or working in the country/school. You disagree based on your limited experience. Yes, your experiences did occur and are relevant for you, but they are usually quite a bit less relevant for the person who posed the question.

Also, does it matter how out-of-date your responses are? One-year or one-month? Out of date is out of date and irrelevant to the OP.

It's a shame that people choose to attack you personally and exaggerate, instead of dealing with the actual problems with your posts (based on limited, less relevant or irrelevant experiences, out-of-date, second-hand sources, based on quick research that anyone can do themselves, etc). Again -- I am not saying you didn't experience what you say you did, nor that your information is not valid for you. What I am saying is that people want to hear from those who have valid, relevant information to share. They don't want to have to wade through arguments and irrelevant information.

Based on your posts, you have a lot of good, first-hand, relevant information to share. You just don't have it on every topic posted.