ISF Academy, Hong Kong

yolo

ISF Academy, Hong Kong

Post by yolo »

Any recent information about this school? It's a bilingual Chinese-English school. Also, any info on the area it's located: Pokfulam (Southern District). Thanks to all replies in advance.
DCgirl

Post by DCgirl »

I just spent the evening with a teacher from there. They were raving about how much they love it and that they could stay there until retirement. They said they take very good care of their teachers. The school picks them up in the morning. They're supposed to start dropping off next year. They said that the area around is very easily accessible.

Bilingual in English and Mandarin. Mix of students, mostly Chinese but not all from Hong Kong.
BigPapi

Re: ISF Academy, Hong Kong

Post by BigPapi »

I would appreciate any other information about this school--the information on the review section of the website is pretty negative, but also way out of date, so more recent perspectives would be very much appreciated. Especially workload, expectations, teacher satisfaction, relations between teachers and admin. Thanks!
seinfeld

Post by seinfeld »

Worked there.

Friends still there. I don't know who DCgirl is talking about! Maybe one of the Chinese teachers who will stay there forever. Woohoo they picked us up in the morning, big deal! I would say 90% of students are Hong Kong natives.
No teacher satisfaction from what I hear and there was zero satisfaction when I worked there. It was horrendous. Any teacher who doesn't have family ties to Hong Kong (a lot do) get the hell out of there.

It's a Chinese run school with lots of things that distract and get in the way of day to day teaching. Glad to be in a proper IB school now.
Tconway

Post by Tconway »

seinfeld> When were you working at the school? Is this recent? I have heard they have a change of principal several years ago
Q8Sobieski

Post by Q8Sobieski »

Pokfulam is nice ... it's very suburban. It's on the quiet side of HK. It's nice, quiet, clean, and up-scale. I spent a couple years at a different school just up the road from ISF. I tried to get in there but they were really selective. Hong Kong is a nice place to live but air is pretty bad (better in Pokfulam to be sure).