Fairview International School Kuala Lumpur

Arctic

Re: Fairview International School Kuala Lumpur

Post by Arctic »

I had an interview with them...

my impression is they want everyone on this monkey masters course, so they can fob you off with low pay.

here's my brief experience with them:

After I applied they made me fill in expected salary, which i did, and I got the expected salary from the amount they were quoting to the recruitment agency.
immediate response was, could you go down? I said , i was willing to neg. a week passed, the interview was set, the question came again but with a twist, would you take less and consider a masters??

then had interview - it went welll, 4 weeks later, i got offer for 2nd interview, with question AGAIN of expected salary. I pointed out politely i had send her (HR) it on 3 seperate occasions ( 2 emails and once on their application ) and also i wasnt that keen on doing an MA., as I have one.
then
an email saying , ' we cant meet your expectations,' we will put you on an a list

so my impression?, obsessed with money, want bums on seats, don't care who. it is..
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

If you are an entry level IT and you look at Fairview as an internship/study abroad opportunity, then when you get out after 3 years you will have a masters, IB certification and IB experience, plus 2 years of IE for your resume. You could pay A LOT for that type of program if you did it on your own, and Fairview provides a salary and a a pathway that might not otherwise be available to an entry level IT.
Many experienced ITs would have better more lucrative options and opportunities, for the IT at this stage of recruiting with dwindling options, you could do a lot worse.