Pay for an online IB professional development workshop?

asjwr19

Pay for an online IB professional development workshop?

Post by asjwr19 »

Thank you.
Last edited by asjwr19 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Cake

Post by Mr.Cake »

Let's put it this way, it wouldn't do you any harm.

Schools want IB classroom teaching experience much more than workshop experience, but it would at least allow you to advertise yourselves as 'IB ready'.

If I was going to do this I would go for the online option, cheaper.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Is a training certificate worth $600 each to you? If you have $1200 a round with nothing else to do, yeah it wont hurt. Its not going to help though. I can think of other things like attending a second job fair that would be a more useful way to spend the money.

Personally ID do a F2F training program, it costs more but its faster, and depending where you go can be a mini vacation, but more importantly F2F seminars give you an opportunity to NETWORK with teachers at IB schools who can if your lucky get you an "in" at their school when potential vacancies come up, now THAT would be worth $1200.
jbiersteker

Post by jbiersteker »

Sorry, but what is F2F?

Thanks!!
National

Post by National »

Face to face (as opposed to online)
durianfan

Post by durianfan »

I paid for one a few years ago just so I could tick that "IB experience" on my resume and application. Honestly I'm not sure if it helped. Employers want experience, not training. When I was hired by an IB school they sent me to training anyway, although that extra certificate earned me a bit more on the salary scale.