Casablanca schools

nannukka

Casablanca schools

Post by nannukka »

I am checking if anybody has experience (ideally recent) with Casablanca's schools, either Casablanca American School or George Washington Academy? I just read a brand new review of CAS and was happy to see some positive. My husband is looking at possible move to Casablanca and if that happens we will have to find a school for our 8th grader and I might consider employement if the schools are not nightmare. Would you send your child to either one of these schools? Would you work in either one of them? Your opinions/advice is greatly appreciated!
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Utter hole, the schools are the worst in the world. They are ALWAYS recruiting and have really high turnover, because their admin and ownership are sociopaths. Ive never met a teacher who had anything good to say about them. The review was very likely written by an admin or staff cheerleader. If Walter and Daisy had a kid i wouldnt send the child to either of those schools.
Last edited by PsyGuy on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nannukka

Casablanca schools

Post by nannukka »

Oh dear.....I do appreciate ALL comments (psyguy) included, but would anybody else have their two cents. I do not even want to consider this location if the schools are truly that bad, but since Casablanca would be a good fit in many other ways, I truly want to learn more. Hoping some more input, pretty please
Danda

Post by Danda »

I worked with a couple that is now at GWA. They both have said that they like it quite a bit and are going back for a 3rd year next year. They really like Morocco and have traveled around a ton. They also said travel to Europe is really easy. I didn't ask them too many specifics on Casablanca or the school though. The only thing they complained about was the pay. They were coming from QSI and said the package was crap compared to what they made with QSI. They make less money, have to pay taxes and get no benefits (no housing, insurance or flights).

I'd pass on GWA but some might be interested and able to make it work.
nannukka

casablanca schools

Post by nannukka »

I wanted to thank you psyguy and danda for their comments. They were greatly appreciated. Next half a year will tell what will "happen with us". Now it is time for a Limbo Land. I am thankful for this forum and its people for all the information.