No job yet... what now?

ready2go

No job yet... what now?

Post by ready2go »

So lots of people talk about jobs gotten after the recruiting season, is that really a reality? If so whats the best strategy? Where are the schools that are most likely to have late season jobs?
durianfan

Post by durianfan »

2 years ago when I was in the same situation I still had interviews right up until May when I accepted my current job. There are jobs everywhere - check TIE and TES, along with Search. I had skype interviews with schools from Malaysia, Korea, Dubai, Taiwan, and China. Just keep looking and emailing schools. There really is no strategy that I know of.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

Ditto. Jobs come open even at good schools, for various reasons. Just hang in there and keep pluggin away.
ready2go

Post by ready2go »

Thanks for the encouragement.
nikkor

Post by nikkor »

What's the best strategy, you ask? Never ever, ever, ever give up.
Cindylouwho

Post by Cindylouwho »

Check out joyjobs.com too. It looks REALLY cheesy and spammy, but it's got some good job postings. I can't remember if it's $39 or $49, but it's pretty cheap regardless. We've personally had good luck with postings and know several people who have also gotten jobs from their listings. Good luck.
teachit

Post by teachit »

Don't give up as everyone else has stated. I saw great jobs posted even up to the end of August into September last year. I have to admit that joy jobs carries some job listings that one doesn't see on TES or Tieonline. I got a great summer school teaching job that had been posted on their site. So....do not despair there are heaps of options/jobs still left!
ready2go

Post by ready2go »

As one door closes another opens and boy do things move quickly. We had an interview that we thought would go somewhere and it didn't, then all of a sudden a new school came on our radar. We were actually able to have a f2f interview and it went great. Then they rejected us, then three days later they said they wanted a Skype interview. Now we have a job offer that is relly good for us and we are taking it =]

So for everyone out there still looking. Never count yourselves out, you never know when it will happen. Good luck to you all and a big thanks for all the support and advice.