Al Hassan School, Saudi.

aridion

Al Hassan School, Saudi.

Post by aridion »

I am teempted to apply to this group of schools. They seem to have a number of positions for the next school year.

Anyone here of them? Working conditions etc..
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

When you say group of schools, is this under the ISG (International Schools Group) banner?

If so, it must be new because I have never heard of it before.

If not, again, I have never heard of it before and I have been in the Kingdom longer than most teachers (except the ARAMCO ones :-)

I would suspect, with a name like Al Hassan School(s?) that it will serve predominantly an Arabic clientele, and there will definitely be issues. However, if you are strong, can handle teaching all boys (or, if you are female, all girls), in a demanding environment, then go for it. You might love it. Then again, you might hate it.
aridion

Post by aridion »

There doesnt seem to be much information around about the schools. They have Orbit International School, Jubail Inter. school and Al Hussan Inter. school (Al Khobar and Riyadh_.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

I know for a fact that they don't do anything with the Riyadh international schools (AIS-R, Multinational, BISR, Al Faisal, ALS, Manarat) - the last three are predominantly Arab, by the way). I have heard of a number of international schools here, but never that one.

Make sure you really sound them out if you are serious about a job there - what you are told in interviews can be radically different from the reality of Saudi school life if it isn't a reputable school. Your passport can be held and your embassy won't be able to help you much, for instance. You need a visa to be able to leave the country (a single or multiple exit/reentry visa) and this is a huge money maker for the government as well as something for the employer to hold over the employee. Fortunately, none of this has happened to me :-)
Nomad68

Jubail

Post by Nomad68 »

Be careful if the school is in Jubail. It is a hellish place - boring and conservative even by Saudi standards. The locals seem really anti-western. Even other Saudis regard the Jubailis as weird.
missy

Anyone living in Jeddah ?

Post by missy »

Oops...wrong area to post my question.