German int'l schools: Leipzig, Dresden, Weimar

yolo

German int'l schools: Leipzig, Dresden, Weimar

Post by yolo »

I'm interested if anyone has any recent information about teaching at any of the international schools in these German cities: Leipzig, Dresden or Weimar. Grateful for any info pertaining to overall teaching environment, package, lifestyle, etc. Thanks very much.
PsyGuy

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Wed really like to respond and help you, but gosh, could you be a little more specific, your really asking for a travel book on living and teaching in Germany.
teachit

Post by teachit »

All three of them are really wonderful cities in Eastern Germany. To live there you really need to be able to speak German. Dresden would be my first choice if you are going for IB experience and a fantastic city. A friend of mine lived and worked at the Dresden International School for a number of years and loved it. Don't know much about working in Leipzig, but in the spring the Pizza Hut at the hauptbanhof has some excellent white asparagus pizza, really cool train station too! Weimar is a small city with excellent cultural offerings and architecture. The school there has great students, but no one seems to stay for any great length of time due to, I think, power struggles that take place behind closed doors. Lots of hirings and firings in their history.
It is a great part of Germany to live in and travel from and once you make an effort to learn the language the people can be lovely. Let me know if this helps.
Perhaps I can give specifics if you let me know what you really are looking for. Psyguy can handle posting all of the stats that one can get from the schools' websites.
yolo

Post by yolo »

teachit: Thanks very much- just what I was looking for regarding these three schools in Eastern Germany- simply a rough idea of the school/city. Much appreciated!