Blizzard in Boston (Cambridge Fair) this weekend

Peregrination

Blizzard in Boston (Cambridge Fair) this weekend

Post by Peregrination »

Just in case anyone hasn't heard, there is supposed to be a blizzard this weekend in Boston due to a large Nor'easter. This afternoon the National Weather Service in Boston issued a Blizzard Watch, which will be upgraded to a warning within 24 hours of the event. Numerous forecasts indicate that there should be upwards of 1-2 feet of snow and 60 mph winds. This should be Friday into Saturday, so I'm not sure how it would affect the fair, since most recruiters and candidates should arrive shortly before the storm.

It may take a few days to get out of the city, however, if this comes to fruition. Good luck to everyone attending, please keep us updated, and STAY SAFE!

Addendum: Here is the long-ish link to the National Weather Service Blizzard Watch:

[url]http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.p ... torm+Watch[/url]
vettievette

Post by vettievette »

I attend the Cambridge fair in 2011. There was a pretty nasty noreaster and in general the East Coast was experiencing one of its worst winters. The Search folks handled this just fine (they had a contingency plan) and it seemed like most recruiters/candidates made it in without a hitch. I'm hopeful that the weather won't affect this year's Cambridge attendees too badly. Good luck!
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

1-2 feet? This is Boston, unless you need to dig a tunnel to get through the front door its nothing.
SunshineTchr

Post by SunshineTchr »

2 feet mat be nothing for Boston, but it's something for me! Arrived from the hot and sunny Caribbean last night to this wonderful news. Haven't been in the US for winter in 3 years, as soon as I land I hear there's a nor'easter coming! I'm not staying at the hotel, so getting 'home' on Friday night and/or getting back in on Saturday *might* be an issue, but I'm not far away, so hopefully not. Either way, its a big event for me!
moose

Post by moose »

People seem to be taking the news in stride, but Logan Airport is already closing down, and the T is supposed to stop at 3:30 tomorrow.