QSI Shekou IB

Teachermama

QSI Shekou IB

Post by Teachermama »

Can anyone who works or worked there (or at a similar qsi school...are there many others?) tell me how it works to have AP and IB offered alongside qsi curriculum and with their mastery approach?

We would love any firsthand qsi info from anyone, actually, but especially from teachers with kids and your experience of different locations. Thanks in advance.

Here's an email address, since there are no pms. Bobstherooster@yahoo.com
Teachermama

Post by Teachermama »

Or, of course, feel free to post info here, I just thought some might prefer to share info in a less public way. :)
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Because at graduation you need to give your students a diploma thats worth something. Your confusinga few things actually. The mastery approach is a methodology for content delivery and evaluation. You could use any curriculum and deliver it with that approach.
Teachermama

Post by Teachermama »

Thanks pg. I got the info I needed from qsi folks. I do understand the concept of ib content and mastery learning. I haven't taught ib, but did it as a student in high school and our schedule was packed. I just couldn't imagine it combined with a system where kids can repeat content until they get it to an acceptable level. It seems that ib time/ content constraints would be at odds with that. But the mystery has been solved for me off the forum.