Laptop vs iPad at SA fair

SAS

Laptop vs iPad at SA fair

Post by SAS »

Do I really need to lug my laptop to the fair or iwill my iPad suffice? I have all of my documents in Dropbox if anyone wants them emailed.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

In Bangkok it was more the laptop use - less the iPad use, although there were people there with them.

I personally took my laptop for business and my iPad for pleasure :-)
SAS

Post by SAS »

Thank you. I have a 17.5" laptop that gets heavy.
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

Fair days are long, you don't want to have to carry a 17" computer around.
durianfan

Post by durianfan »

I saw more laptops than iPads at BKK. I have a 17" Macbook Pro and yes, I carried it with me. It was a pain sometimes but I'm glad I had it with me. I did leave it in my backpack in the candidate lounge during signup, though.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Durianfan - you must have been the guy hunched over like Qasimodo! Seriously, my first laptop was a 17 inch. Second is 15 inch and I won't go back due to weight issues, unless they get an airbook 17" at crazy low weight...
Mathman

Post by Mathman »

I usually carry my laptop and all kinds of crap recruiters give me. You guys need to hit the gym if a laptop is 'heavy'.
SAS

Post by SAS »

My next Mac will not be the 17.5 inch pro. I too will down size. It is great for movies though.
:D
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

I bring my iPad and my MacBook pro. I Leave the book in the hotel room and I take the iPad to interviews. One of the issues is that if you need to print anything the printers arent airprint capable. You may have to write or modify a document on the fly and print it out.