Cambridge Question

jbiersteker

Cambridge Question

Post by jbiersteker »

Hi Folks,

Well, we've taken the plunge!! Hotel is booked (got into the Cambridge Hyatt Regency), flights are booked (Southwest out of Buffalo), and registration is done. We have one question:

What's the best (i.e. cheapest way) to get to our hotel from the airport? Is it realistic to take the subway? We hope it is, but were wondering if anybody could give us info. on the route?

Thanks!!
SunshineTchr

Post by SunshineTchr »

Hi there. I'll be at the fair as well, but I'm not staying at the hotel. My sources in Boston tell me that since I'm landing after midnight, the best bet is a cab (which will cost me about $30).

The 'T' is easily accessible from the airport, and it seems the closest stops to the Hyatt are Chinatown on the Orange line and Boylston on the green line, at $2.50 a ride. I think there is also a bus....

Folks who know the Boston area well may have more reliable info, but you can also check out the MBTA: http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

You can take the Subway, and its not long. Theres a transfer and its totally doable if your comfortable with your baggage. the cheapest cab is about $24 but average is $30.
SAS

Post by SAS »

Hi jbiersteker,
I grew up in Buffalo and some of my immediate family is still there. I am also going to Cambridge for the first time. I plan on taking the silver line from the airport then the red line. I will be getting off near MIT which is about a mile from the Hyatt. I may walk it, I may hail a cab. I land around 4:30 so I really need to hustle to the hotel. You can sit in a cab for a long time in rush hour in Boston when leaving the airport. Since I land so close to check-in at six, this is the plan I have devised.

Maybe well wil run into each other in Boston.
jbiersteker

Post by jbiersteker »

Hi SAS,

We have the 6:15 am out of Buffalo to Dulles and then into Boston for 11:20. I figure this will give us lots of time to register and then starting handing out the infamous "Ichiro" (I hope I spelled that right)

Thanks for the subway info. I think we might hoof it the mile. It will be good after being on the plane!

Thanks!!