UNI 2013

shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Eden - update? We are on the edge of our seat waiting for your news!
Lopaka

Post by Lopaka »

Congrats Eden. Thanks for sharing....do let us know what you decide.

I must admit, the see through outfit still has me cringing!!
escapeartist

Post by escapeartist »

Eden, let us know what you decided.

Some of the outfits that I saw at UNI made me feel sad for people, as in, didn't they get the memo?

I saw a couple wearing jeans, a young woman wearing skinny red jeans rolled up over ankle boots, a woman wearing running shoes, AND a woman wearing a long button down shirts over tights.

It's so important to dress the part. Anyone considering going casual, don't! If money is an issue, I am a frequent thrift store shopper myself. There is usually a decent selection of jackets, trousers, blouses, and simple flats or heels that, with effort and time, you could put together at minimal cost.

Congrats again, Eden. Two offers, woohoo!
History Guy

Post by History Guy »

I used an Ichrio, and many, many recruiters said it was one of the best that they had seen. A folder with our picture and certs/degrees on the front, then our resumes, letters of ref, ect inside the folder. Spoke to a director of a very tier one school who shall remain nameless who loved it, and saw many recruiters with it in their hands looking at it and commenting about it. Spend the money, go to a professional printer, and get a good one done. Saw lots of resumes with pics paper clipped/stapled to a single piece of paper, and to be honest, they looked blase. Also, like many others, saw a lot of people under dressed or dressed in a way that would be unacceptable in many countries, especially the ME and Africa.
Went to the round robin, declined seven interview requests as we had interviews the day before the fair with a school that was one of our top choices and actually signed the contract during the round robin.
Hints-
Dress well for gods sake, jeans, or god forbid, denim vests do not do it for anyone! I wore a tie of course, nice slacks, good shirt, and nice shoes. The wife was in a nice longish dress and top with wrap, we felt comfortable and not to dressed up, or under dressed.
PAY THE MONEY TO HAVE A GRAPHIC ARTIST OR PRINTER DO UP YOUR RESUME! Cannot stress this enough!