Naples, Italy

Dredge

Post by Dredge »

@SAS - For you, the only real benefit would be for voting and buying property.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@higgsboson

I have multiple citizenship.

@vickisitu

It takes a long time anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months You need to get a verification of your degree and teaching certificate, called dichiarazione di valore. This requires a notarized copy of your degree and certificate and then getting an apostille. Then you send that all off to the embassy. A lot depends on how fast the various agencies respond to you.
vickisitu

Post by vickisitu »

Thanks PsyGuy for your information. It helped me to clarify what I should look for instead of working permit. Working permit sounds very complicated.

One of my friend told me about Holiday Working Visa, it's for people from age 20-35 to travel and play and work in EU.
I looked into that! They required your CV (resume), application form, bank statment, health insurances and your return flight.
My question is, does holiday working visa the same as working permit?
Am I able to make things easier with holiday working visa?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@vickisitu

Yes, you can get a WHV (Working Holiday Visa) for Italy, there are 1,000 available for canadians. The age limits are 18-35.
With the WHV you can reside in Italy for up to a year, BUT you can only work for a total of 6 months, and no more then 3 months with the same employer. This would be unsuitable for a full time teaching position and would really only allow you to do relief teaching, dispatch teaching or tutoring in Italy.
vickisitu

Post by vickisitu »

Thanks PsyGuy for your information!

Oh no,, i didn't know about that, I thought I could work for 12 months
What about work permit in Italy? if I apply for work permit, I would also need apply for residence over 6 months.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@vickisitu

If you have a working visa, it allows you to reside and live in Italy for the duration of the visa.