No interviews yet- should I be worried?

SAS

Post by SAS »

My Search associate swears by a color photo on the resume. I placed a small head shot to the right of my name and contact info. I also cut my CV down to two pages, back to back. The recruiters have so much paper to haul around that I don't want to give them a stack. My cover letter is short and to the point.

When I hired (different field of work), I skimmed the cover for writing skills then went to the CV for the details. I wanted everything clearly laid out, not a muck of words I had to slog through. When I had tons of applications for the same job, you have to start somewhere. Taking time on the CV shows a lot - organization, effort, attention to detail, desire to give a great impression, and even may illustrate how you teach to some extent.
btech

Post by btech »

With your experience, a school like S H S I D in Shanghai would hire you. You'd probably teach English too, but could teach History and/or Geography.

At this school, a fresh out of college uncertified teacher would earn 25,000 USD a year (after taxes, bonus included) with free housing. You would no doubt make more.