Official Documents to Fair?

pencil

Official Documents to Fair?

Post by pencil »

Which (if any) of these original, official documents do I need to have with me at the upcoming USA fairs?

• University Diploma
• Teaching Certificate
• Passport
• Sealed University Transcript
• Birth Certificate
• Recommendation Letters
• Immunization Record

Thank you!
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Honestly, you should have scanned copies of them just in case, but even being hired at the fair, you will be contacted after by the school HR and they will walk you through the process. You will eventually need most of those, just not at the fair.

Do you also have letters of employment documenting that you did indeed work for X school or school district from XXX to YYY? Those are sometimes used to place you on the school pay grid. Other times they take your word :-)
pencil

Post by pencil »

Shadowjack:
[/quote] you should have scanned copies of them just in case, but even being hired at the fair, you will be contacted after by the school HR and they will walk you through the process. You will eventually need most of those, just not at the fair. [quote]

I do already have everything scanned, on my laptop, so thanks! I do NOT, however, have a letter proving my employment from beginning date - ending date. Thank you. I can get that.[/quote]
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

Four fairs and I have never been asked for any of those documents, however scanned documents wouldn't hurt.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

You dont need originals of any of them at the fair. Scanned copies is the way to go, and you can print them out from the computers at the fair, if you do need any of them. A school is most likely to want an apostilled copy of them anyway after you accept a contract, and the school personnel department is likely to be the one in contact with you then. of the important documents to submit to a school the most important are teacher certificate, degree (not transcripts), criminal background check and marriage certificate.

Even so a recruiter at a fair is not the best choice to trust original documentation too, you never know what could happen to it between giving it to them and on the way home. Better to send those documents by mail to the school personnel contact.