Hunting for a job in 2014

fine dude

Hunting for a job in 2014

Post by fine dude »

The offer that I was expecting has gone sour. So, for a single guy with certification and over 6 yrs of exp in teaching IB HL math, when do i start planning to get my dream job in asia? Thanks.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Are you signed up with Search? TIEonline?

Get contacting schools NOW to get your dream job for 2013 (a year earlier).

with 6 years IB HL Math experience, you have value and skills...

Good luck!
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

If your looking for fall 2014, the time to start is summer in 2013. recruiting starts in late October/November for the nect year. Your going to want your profile and all your documents (most notabley references) into your agency. You also want to request an invitation to the BKK fair ASAP.

If your looking for 2013, you need to start now (a couple months ago would have been better), but the sooner the better. Your skill set is very valuable though, and you should still be in demand throughout the year, the problem is going to be schools that your likely to have been competitive at will have completed their hiring.

I reccommend using a major ageny (such as ISS or SA) and a minor agency (such as Joy or TIE).
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

Thank you both for your replies. I have signed up with SA a few years ago. The only tricky part is that my license is up for renewal in June 2013. Anyway, I'll ask my associate to activate my profile and see if I could request an invitation to the fair as early as possible.
Nemo.

Re: Hunting for a job in 2014

Post by Nemo. »

[quote="fine dude"]The offer that I was expecting has gone sour. So, for a single guy with certification and over 6 yrs of exp in teaching IB HL math, when do i start planning to get my dream job in asia? Thanks.[/quote]

Oh come on we can't get maths teachers! You will get a job easily for this year
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

@Nemo
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm a bit picky and I only have a handful of dream schools that I wanna work at. Unfortunately, these schools are done with their hiring for 2013.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Their really is no such thing as a high demand teaching area when it comes to elite schools. They pretty much get to pick who they want and finish their hiring by the London fair.