Newbie's impressions of Search and the London Fair

shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Sign ups went to 6:30, so I am sure some recruiters have started interviews early...good luck Pippafrit!
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

Definitely don't compare interviews or invite slips. Its the job that counts and it only takes one offer to land that job. Good luck
durianfan

Post by durianfan »

Pippa do you have IB experience? If you don't then I'd say you've fared very well so far.
Bossman187uk

Post by Bossman187uk »

Good luck pippa, me and my partner were also meant to be at the fair, however Luck was on our side and we have been offered a job at a great school following an interview the morning of the fair.

I have 5 years secondary school experience in the UK but no IB experience, and this school is a tier 1. For them they acknowledged my lack of IB but were looking for somone with the personality to work well with others in their school.

It must be so stressfull job hunting after flying over etc, and i have to admit am glad i did not have to go to the fair. Out of curiosity have you got any interviews outside the fair?

Keep your head up, IB is not the only thing good schools want, be confident, know the school and be able to explain how you use AFL, raise achievment, differentiate, work with parents and other teachers, and know your weaknesses and how you are striving to improve.

We really enjoy reading your posts and appreciate the time and effort you have put into helping others, i hope this hasnt come accross as condescending, i just know i too felt the IB would stop me being offered anything in a good school, but learnt that is not the case.

Best of luck.
BookshelfAmy

Post by BookshelfAmy »

Yay! Congratulations! Is it a good one?
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Woot woot! That is awesome news Pippa!

Any clues on where?

My job is in a colder part of Asia in the winter. There's a few schools up thataway that get cold, especially because they like to leave the windows open in winter, apparently thinking it is healthier!
cdn

Post by cdn »

Congrats on the offer! It sure takes a weight off, eh?
Lopaka

Post by Lopaka »

A BIG congratulation to you !!!! That is just awesome.
pencil

Post by pencil »

Big CONGRATS to you, Pippa! Can't wait to learn what your final decision is...keep us posted. We're all very excited for you!