Newbie's impressions of Search and the London Fair

cdn

Post by cdn »

Thanks!

Shadowjack - we are both very excited to start there!
chipmunk84

one page or two page resume?

Post by chipmunk84 »

Hi

I'm going to the London fair for the first time this January. Thanks for all the information you provided on this topic. I have a question. The candidate update states you have to bring a two sided A4 resumé. I've streamlined mine and it fits on one side of A4. Do I have to add a second page? I would then have to add a lot more detail and irrelevant professional experience not related to teaching which i feel would distract and not have as much impact as the one page CV.
What do you think?
Smurf

Re: one page or two page resume?

Post by Smurf »

[quote="chipmunk84"]Hi

I'm going to the London fair for the first time this January. Thanks for all the information you provided on this topic. I have a question. The candidate update states you have to bring a two sided A4 resumé. I've streamlined mine and it fits on one side of A4. Do I have to add a second page? I would then have to add a lot more detail and irrelevant professional experience not related to teaching which i feel would distract and not have as much impact as the one page CV.
What do you think?[/quote]

What you do is entirely up to you. There is no right or wrong way, however you think you can give yourself the best chance of catching someone's attention.

If you do decide to have a one page cv, you could put some pictures of yourself on the reverse that show you at your best. Obviously, make sure you use good quality paper so that pictures don't show through the paper when recruiters are looking at your cv!
dover2013

Post by dover2013 »

Single sheet of A4 paper. Has two sides but if your CV/Resume fits on one and hits all the spots then you are in bingo town. Go with it.
chipmunk84

Post by chipmunk84 »

Thanks for the quick replies! I was really pleased with having managed to fit it all on one side so I'm glad it's not a problem. Good idea about the pictures. However given my reputation at school for ridiculous looking thumbs up pictures I might leave that!
chipmunk84

Post by chipmunk84 »

Thanks. I'm pretty much open to anywhere as long as my academic but non teaching partner can find something related to physics. My lack of IB experience and having a non teaching partner will probably be a problem but I'll try my best. There's always the spring fair if I don't get anything. And failing that I can always stay at my school one more year but I'll probably feel different after our upcoming Ofsted inspection! Will try to update although I'm not staying at a hotel but with a friend so may not have time!