qatar schools

Redvaldo

qatar schools

Post by Redvaldo »

can anyone recommend the schools to try and get jobs in? hard to get a picture reading the isr reviews thanks for any help
OrangeSoda

Post by OrangeSoda »

Not sure myself, but one of the schools I'm applying to Sherborne Qatar. Not a lot of detail available, they are expanding this year and next year into a college.

Also what do you mean 'try and get jobs in' ? As in ones you have seen advertise or you going to send them your cv's ?

I was wondering what websites people use to find jobs abroad, apart from jobtrain and TES.
Nomad68

Sherbourne, Qatar

Post by Nomad68 »

Sherbourne is best avoided - average pay for qatar but lousy accomodation. A school that trades on its name associations. The Qatari owner is reputed to be a nightmare (but the same can be said for most). There are some better schools in Qatar you could try - QA etc. Check out the reviews.
Last edited by Nomad68 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

Post by Mike »

We have been at the American School for 3 years and LOVE it. Great school for kids! Good housing, save about 50,000$ per year. Not perfect, but now where is....
teachabroad

Post by teachabroad »

Mike, when you say "we can save $50K," does that mean you and your teaching spouse? What would a single w/ no dependents with 4 years teaching experience be looking at salary-wise? Does ASD have a Special Ed. teaching staff? Do you know if ASD, Awsaj Academy, and Qatar Academy have similar pay and benefits?

Thank you
Mike

Post by Mike »

I think you would be n the 50-55 range. Yes we have special ed. We are adding a section in all MS and HS classes.

We are also all moving to our own compound next year. Pool, fitness center.. etc.

We have really good students!! We are the BEST school in Qatar!