no contact pre-fair

teacherleah

no contact pre-fair

Post by teacherleah »

So, I signed up a little late for the UNI fair. I wait-listed for Cambridge for awhile but it didn't happen so I went ahead and committed to Iowa since I cannot take time off during the other SEARCH fairs.

Is it too late to contact schools on the vacancy list pre fair? Am I doomed to not get any interviews without any contact whatsoever?

What to do?
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

No you are definitely not doomed. Most of my jobs were landed at the fair with schools I had not even thought about prior to seeing their table during the signup.
DCgirl

Post by DCgirl »

No, the schools put notes in the boxes of candidates that they are seeking out. It's not at all reliant on you sending them a note. Hopefully along the way there is a meeting of schools that want you and schools that you want. Good luck.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

No most people at UNI get their interviews and interests on the ground. You might show up with an empty interview card, but so are most people even with lots of advance prep time. At UNI, in general, if a school contacts you in advance of the actual fair its usually to interview you by Skype in advance and actually fill a position before the fair starts.