Al Shomoukh International school- OMAN

Redvaldo

Al Shomoukh International school- OMAN

Post by Redvaldo »

Job was advertised on Tes website...anyone have any details on salary being offered? thanks for any help
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

LOL Redvaldo, you are becoming a meister of obscure schools :-)

What did you decide to do about the London fair?
Redvaldo

Post by Redvaldo »

Haha...yeah it's on the tes website..it's a new school as far as I can gather and is opening next year. Yes going to the fair in London,great job on the bkk fair posts!
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

A brand-new school that hasn't even opened yet--I doubt anyone outside its immediate inner circle is going to have any info on salary or anything else. Why not contact them and see what they say?

And where in Oman is it??
Redvaldo

Post by Redvaldo »

its in the capital. I did ask the people organisng interviews but they wouldnt say..just that it was competitive to other schools...blah blah. Even though I have to ghet time off work and the cost of travelling etc...they wont even divulge the salary or what the salary starts at.what do you think?
aridion

Post by aridion »

A new school. Wouldn't that mean a lot of work? Setting up the new curriculum etc.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

The capital is Muscat, which is a great place to live; easy lifestyle.

If the school won't say anything about its salary, it either hasn't figured that out yet, or something is fishy. I'd give it a pass.
heyteach

Re: Al Shomoukh International school- OMAN

Post by heyteach »

Out of curiosity I did a quick search and found their homepage http://www.alshomoukh.com/ It's opening K-9 this fall. Can't figure out where it's located.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Third tier, with local private ownership and governance, local management with a few western members in leadership (who will have a director who will be a local above them). Student body will mostly be host nationals, as western students will prefer more established and proven options. New schools have a breaking in period, before the programs and policies they have are successfully implemented and have had time to develop a successful reputation. Its going to likely have a lot of problems, the feel I get is there going to be particularly hard on staff, things like extensive probation period, are rarely beneficial to experienced teachers. They have a lot of talk and ideas and conceptualization. Seeking to add PYP and IB for example is an idea, its not an assurance or even indication that such things will happen.
robbyp88

Re: Al Shomoukh International school- OMAN

Post by robbyp88 »

I have no idea where this school is located, however I did work for a time at the Sultan's School. It was advertised as being located in Muscat, which technically it was, however it was 25km from Muscat City and taxis there are quite expensive. The area is known as Seeb and there were several International and private schools there, so there is a chance that this school might be around there too. Very handy for the airport, but not much else.