School in China question

mazogti

School in China question

Post by mazogti »

Hi,

i am wondering if anyone can tell me about Clifford School or working/living in Guangzhou. The school is located out of the city in Clifford Estates, and I am curious how this hard it is to connect to others while living here.

Thanks
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Clifford is a language school. The focus is on ELL through academics. Teachers don't prepare lesson plans, they just deliver pre designed lessons to the students which is an all Asian student body.

There is a shuttle into GZ and its not that hard to get into the metro part of the city, but most teachers only travel there on the weekends. It's difficult to do on a daily basis.
mazogti

Post by mazogti »

thanks for the reply..

Part of the school is a canadian school no??
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Yes they have a Canadian program. I believe its out of Manitoba.
mazogti

Post by mazogti »

thanks for your response.

If it is a Canadian program, how is it they would deliver pre-designed lesson plans. I would assume they prepare their own...just like you would in a bilingual academic program in Canada (ie/ French immersion). I am confused here.

Is there anyone who has worked at this school, or know someone first hand that did?

thank you
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

They create their own lessons and units of instruction. Some senior teachers continue to work on them and refining them. However, all teachers in a subject that actually "deliver" the lessons pull the same lesson from the department and teach it. Your essentially teaching someone else's canned/prepared lesson from a script.